9.22.2007

Sat. a.m.

It's early Sat. a.m. and the house is quiet. Emily left this morning at 6:30 for an all-day school event and Joseph's football game is later this afternoon. I've spent the last hour working on and planning for the next month and a half of church leadership and there is a lot coming up.

I get incredibly amped and fired up when I look at where God is leading us. Just off the top:
1. MOMENTUM Oct. 14, we kickstart a new season of ministry in our church called Momentum. In the weeks that follow, we'll celebrate baptism, we'll mark our 10-Year Anniversary as a church, and we'll welcome a very special guest teacher who knows a little something about Momentum. (More on that later.)
2. STAFF RETREAT Two or three times a year, we get away as a staff to dream, pray, plan, work, and play. It's one of my favorite things to do as a leader because of what it produces in me, in our staff, and throughout our church.
3. LHC LEADERSHIP SUMMIT On Oct. 18, we're gathering every single person who leads, serves, or volunteers in our church to an incredible night of worship, leading, challenge and equipping.
4. AUSTIN WOMEN'S CONFERENCE, OCT. 26 This is one of the flagship ministries of our church and I'm so excited that we get to do this. This year, I'm grateful to be a part of it as I'll be teaching one of the sessions.

And, before we even get to any of that, I'm really keyed up about tomorrow's message, "How to Pray". God has given me something to teach (and do!) so far beyond just the mechanics of prayer--although we'll touch on those also.

So, you can see why I'm a little fired up. And, at the same time, I'm incredibly peaceful about the fact that these ministries are exactly what we should be doing at this season in our church's life.

As you continue on our 21-day Prayerway journey, remember to pray for your church, your pastor, and your ministry through the church.

See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

First and Last name required: