9.12.2007

Great 48

First, there was ViP Orientation Sunday night. Chad Zunker did a phenomenal job organizing and kicking off a great event that saw so many people plug in to the life and ministries of LHC that make every weekend worship service happen.

Then, Jon Jennings, John Fones, and I piled in the truck and headed for the Dallas area for a video shoot on Monday. It was one of the greatest days I've ever had in ministry. We were shooting video for a message series that will launch a new ministry in early November. Only an hour and a half into a 6-hour shoot, I had enough illustrations and material for 5 different sermons. It's going to be incredible.

Then, I left Jon & John and did some reconnaissance behind what could be considered enemy lines: I went to Norman, OK--home of the OU Sooners--to interview and steal ideas from one of the greatest pastors and churches in the country, Clark Mitchell of Journey Church.

It was one of the greatest blessings I've ever had to spend time with Clark, meet his wife Robin, and share war stories, things that work, and things that don't. And to think God even moves in Norman, OK! When we parted ways, we did throw out the idea of some kind of a friendly, God-honoring...wager (?)... on a little set-to in the Cotton Bowl that's slated for the first weekend in October.

I was only there for about 16 hours, but there was so much openness, laughter, encouragement, and challenge that it could only have been a God-thing. But the biggest God-thing of all was coming home. Every time I travel--which thankfully isn't much--I'm reminded how glad I am for Julie and our home and the haven that she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

First and Last name required: