9.17.2007

Good Monday a.m.

What an incredible day yesterday was at LHC. This morning as I was praying through the Prayerway to Heaven prayer guide, it was great to be reminded just how much God really cares for and about us. For and about me. For me, especially as we're coming out of a weekend and cranking up the new week, remembering that the love of God, my relationship with God, is the fuel for everything I do. Or, at least it should be.

I can get really hung up in the weeds of "ought-a" and "gotta" and lose sight of the "get-to" factor. That I get to interact with the God of the universe anytime I choose to because he chose to make himself accessible in prayer because of Christ. That I get to invest myself and my stuff in his church and the mission and vision he's called us to realize.

Yesterday, I was shaking hands at the door and a guy walked out and said this: "I just want to let you know that I've been to church about 4 times in the last 10 years, and my wife and I have been here for the last few weeks, and we are really excited to be finding out more about God and all that."

I hope that fires you up like it does me. To know that God is doing that in his life and at the same time leading and growing long-time Christ-followers to grow and feed ourselves spiritually is why we get up and go one more round on a Monday morning.

Have a great week, and let us know what God is doing through the Prayerway to Heaven prayer guide in the comments section.

No comments:

Post a Comment

First and Last name required: