5.01.2009

Sweet Brown Sugar(land)



Sometimes it just all comes together.

A few weeks back I saw that Sugarland was coming to Austin and I looked into tickets to take my daughter. I had missed the window where good seats were available other than a ticket broker at noticeably higher prices so I punted. Then, we got a mass email from a friend who had extras for less-than-face value. I called, snagged the tix and invited Emily on a date without telling her about the concert.

Here's the takehome from the evening:

* Found Emily's new favorite hamburger in the ATX
*When we picked Amy's Ice Cream on 6th St./Lamar, we met and had pic taken w/ Billy Joe Shaver, reigning Texas Songwriter Emeritus
* Created lifetime memories in about 5 hours
* Realized all over again how blessed Julie & I are to have the kids for a few more years

No comments:

Post a Comment

First and Last name required: