9.17.2008

Something to Hide, 1

Last year, I was at a conference where Joyce Meyer spoke. Something she said that night really rang true and hit home with me: Anything you hide, controls you.

As I thought about my own life, I realized just how accurate that insight is. As I've talked to people and heard their stories of guilt or shame, they have borne out the reality that hiding is a form of imprisonment. It's the single oldest consequence of sin.

This weekend, I'm continuing the series New with a message "Something to Hide," and we're going to dive smack dab into the middle of Genesis 3. The biblical account of original sin is such an amazing lesson for all of us who carry any guilt or shame or sin. Not because it's a story of hiding, but because it teaches us that we don't have to carry that around. At all. Ever.

PLEASE, make it a point to invite someone you know this weekend. Someone who doesn't know how desperately God loves him, or how extravagantly God's forgiven her. The creative team has constructed some really powerful elements for communicating the power of new available to all of us in God's grace and truth. You'll be proud to share your church and your Savior with them.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Mac -

    I haven't talked to you in a couple of years, but I want you to come back to Nashville and speak to my church. You won't believe all the changes that have happened since you came last. I enjoy you blog - so keep the good stuff going.

    Aaron Allison
    The Church at Indian Lake (formerly Sumner Life)
    Hendersonville, TN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaron, Great to hear from you and to see everything God's doing at The Church at Indian Lake. I love your church and your family--would love to come back. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

First and Last name required: