1.03.2008

An Intervening God

by: Alex Alexander - Pastor of Family Life

Aloha! Wendy and the kids and I just returned from the most amazing, once in a lifetime trip to Maui, Hawaii. We were fortunate enough to be there for 2 weeks celebrating the marriage of my younger brother and the fortieth birthday of my older brother. What’s even more amazing is that this “family reunion” of sorts would have never happened if God hadn’t intervened.

The short version: My biological father left when I was four. My early childhood years were painful and difficult being raised as an only child by a single mom. While there was much love and caring in our family of two, I remember longing for a “normal” family with two parents and siblings. The year I turned twelve God intervened and charted a new course for my life. My mom was remarried to a loving man who had two sons and I was introduced to Jesus. I now had the earthly family I had always dreamed of and a spiritual family (the church) for nurture and support. My life would never be the same.

It’s not ironic that out of my misery God provided a ministry calling. It’s providential. That’s the way He works. As Pastor of Family Life, it is my job to make sure that we provide ministry opportunities that make a Kingdom impact for the children, teens, students, and parents who come across our path – regardless of their shape, size, or description.

So, on behalf of the Basecamp (birth - Kindergarten), Summit (1st-5th grades), Quake (6th-8th grades), Rush (9th –12th grades) and Ethos (college) ministries, we know that 2008 is going to be a great year as we strive to provide a great spiritual family for your earthly family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

First and Last name required: