8.18.2009

Just Another Day in Paradise

Monday is a weird day. For years pastors have jokingly referred to the "holy hangover" that we all wade through in the wake of a weekend of preaching, ministry, leading, preaching, praying, preaching, and praying. And, this Monday, in addition to a scheduled meeting I had, I called several impromptu meetings before reaching the end of my rope.

AND IT WAS GREAT. I got to participate in the following conversations:

  • new ministries we're launching to take the Gospel to unreached people groups (business leaders in the ATX),
  • website design (about which I know nothing except what works for me when cruising Al Gore's internets),
  • design issues for Sunday worship programs and newspaper ads,
  • scheduling of middle school and high school ministries for maximum effectiveness,
  • staff development models that might work for us going forward,
  • what grade of toilet tissue we offer people on our campus (ministry takes many forms)
  • a permanent site for our downtown campus
  • plans for children's ministry space
  • a staff member's car problems
  • an out-of-work college grad who's trying to find a place to use his gifts to honor God,
  • the future of the Church-at-large in the city of Austin with three other pastors and leaders.

And every one of those conversations were God-driven and Kingdom-centered.

And, then I got to have a date with my wife and enjoyed some sushi. Also God-driven and Kingdom-centered.

###

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like an awesome day for a holy hangover! Way to fight through the pain. Great seeing you this weekend Pastor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mac -


    do you have a set of blogs you read daily? (in between these other activites)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a long list that I check every few days--Coppyblogger, Michael Hyatt, Ed Young, Craig Groeschel, Mark Batterson,Kem Meyer, Bil Cornelius, Clark Mitchell, Los Whit, Seth Godin, Steven Furtick

    ReplyDelete

First and Last name required: