6.02.2008

Old & New

In Church World, you don't get any older than Communion. Jesus instituted this tradition even before the Church Age technically began. But, even 2000 years later, what a powerful reminder it was yesterday of his extravagant love and call to holiness in our lives. I loved celebrating Communion on the heels of the great hymn "Jesus Paid It All" which followed some killer new classics of worship.

It was a unique platform for the introduction of video preaching to our church. I have to admit that I was initially skeptical a few years ago when I began hearing the subterranean rumblings of other churches applying this technology to ministry. But, I am absolutely convinced that it can be very effective when coupled with real, hands-on, boots-on-the-ground ministry and leadership.

I know that for some it is a leap too far, but when done right and well, God is using and blessing this strategy to multiply Kingdom resources and work. I love that we get to be a part of that together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

First and Last name required: