5.20.2008

Opening Friday & Random ?s

This Friday, we're going to be launching the Spur Leader website. On one hand, it's going to be the result of months of planning, work, interviews, and research. Jon Jennings, Vic Dominey, DeAnn Wilson and a lot of other people have put in some serious hours to bring this public.

On the other hand, it's just the beginning of a concerted ministry and effort from LHC to provide real-world, soul-deep encouragement and equipping for anyone who leads and influences in the marketplace or ministry.

macrichard.com will continue and be used for more personal and LHC-specific postings once spurleaders.org goes live. I'll have more info and the URL later on this week in this space.

On another note, I have a few questions:

What do you think about Twitter?
Do you use it?
How often do you Twitter to let other people know what you're doing?
How many people are you following on Twitter?

5 comments:

  1. Can't wait for the Spur Leader site. Looking forward to more lessons in leadership.

    I've been using Twitter a little over a month. I currently follow 18 others and have 25 followers.

    You should join me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twitter is a great tool to stay connected to people you otherwise won't be able to let into your life. People who are following me get a 140 character window into my world. They're in the know about what has my attention. This is huge in our culture where authenticity is highly valued.

    These social networking tools are only going to become more important as we move forward and I think the church needs to figure out how to leverage them for the Gospel.

    Check out my tweets: http://twitter.com/colephillips

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cole, great to hear from you. Alex said yall are killing it in Kyle. I'm tickled that Connection Church is using the PAC. I agree with you on the importance of social networking tools.

    Question: How often do you twitter?

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks,COLE and mac. I saw you twittering, checked it out, and now i am addicted to one more technological thing. texting, emails, blogging, were not enough!
    http://twitter.com/robinsteele

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just heard about twitter about a month ago and am not currently a twitter user. It the risk of sounding old-fashioned I must say that I am concerned about the overuse of these social networking tools, because they can easily distract us from the authentic, personal relationships that we are surrounded with on a daily basis. I know of some "twitters" who can't even focus on conversation at a meal with friends because they are so busy/distracted with keeping up with what's going on in the twitter community.

    ReplyDelete

First and Last name required: