3.19.2008

Easter Preview (1 of 3)

As I'm preparing the message for our Easter celebration, I find myself getting distracted by a few of the other elements that we're going to have in the services this weekend.

One of the things that I cannot wait to see is a unique video piece that is so incredibly moving and provoking. It's remarkably simple, but it's that simplicity that cuts through so much of the clutter. It's video, but it reminds me a little of the old-school responsive readings that we had in our church growing up.

For those of you who didn't get that experience, let me describe it: The pastor or the minister of music would open the hymnal to the back pages where there were readings that he would prompt and then the congregation would read aloud the text written in bold type.

While we won't be doing a responsive reading, I promise you it will engage your mind and stir you and the people you're inviting to share the Reason for the hope of the world: Jesus' resurrection.

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited too Mac. It's been a great weeek of preparing for Friday and Sunday. I can't wait to see how God is going to use LHC this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

First and Last name required: