12.31.2007

Settling In...

by: Kirk Gentzel - Director of High School Ministries

As I begin this post, I just want to thank all those at Lake Hills who have made our transition smooth and comfortable. Kerra and I are loving Austin!

Moving toward the New Year is always exciting, but since today is the last day of the year I find it appropriate to reflect on 2007. For Kerra and I, 2007 was quite an adventure.

August: We kicked of the school year ministering to students in Sherman, Texas.

September: We received a phone call from this guy named Alex Alexander from Lake Hills Church in Austin, Texas.

October: We interviewed for the High School Director position at Lake Hills.

November: I moved to Austin, Kerra stayed in Dallas and I began ministry at Lake Hills. She started the job hunt in Austin from Dallas.

December: God showed us of how faithful He is when Kerra got a job at Ridgeview Middle School in Round Rock.

As we move toward 2008, I’m reminded again and again of God’s consistent faithfulness and loving kindness toward us. Reflecting on the way He always provides makes me anticipate 2008 with genuine excitement and expectancy. In High School Ministry we endeavor alongside Lake Hills - to redefine High School Ministry for the city of Austin and beyond. We firmly believe that God wants to do just that in 2008, and I can only expect that He will be faithful to pull it off. We simply cannot wait to see what He will do this year. So please pray for the High School ministry as we seek to help students trust Jesus with their whole lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

First and Last name required: