10.31.2007

Brett Favre & Leadership

As I watched Brett Favre on Monday Night Football do his thing one more time this week, three things jumped out at me:
1. At 38 years old, he can still make throws that 99.9% of the world would never be able to make.
2. He still plays with a reckless abandon and joy that infects the rest of his team--and makes other people want to be on his team.
3. He is flat-out tough.

I want to be like Brett Favre.

I don't want to play in the NFL. I don't want to fight some of the demons he has faced, particularly in such a public forum. But I do want to take the gifts and abilities that God has given me and sharpen them and use them for his purposes. For all the weaknesses and liabilities that I have, there are some things that God has gifted me to do. Those are the things I should do.

"The joy of the Lord is my strength." As a Christ-follower, my joy and passion should be so apparent, so flowing that it infects the rest of my family, our church, and those who don't yet know how extravagantly God loves them.

Playing hurt isn't just for football players and athletes. Being injured is one thing: sometimes you need to come out of the game, rehab a little. But, most of the time, I need to shake off the little nicks and bruises and keep fighting. Perseverance always pays off.

One of the things that I love about God is the Pragmatic Factor: His way works. Every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

First and Last name required: